Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Deleted Post

I just wrote a post about hurricane Gustav and the way that people react and sometimes overeact to disaster. I re-read it somewhere in the neighborhood of 17,000 times and realized that it just didn't sit right. It was just too harsh. Yeah the hurricane wasn't what I thought it was gonna be (e.g. Rita part deux) and so I guess I decided to rant too quickly. Upon doing some research, I found that already 7 people in the US and over 70 from Cuba and Jamaica have lost their lives because of this hurricane.

So instead of making light of the situation (and those that overstock on spam at Wal-Mart during those times), I figured I could do something better with my time. Like pray for those who have lost loved ones. And pray that levees in Louisiana don't break again and leave hundreds homeless.

I am, for the most part, a pretty selfish guy. So here's what I'm going to do. I am REALLY going to try to put that aside for now and spend some time asking God to help others instead of me. This isn't me trying to get all down and out on myself. It's just the truth.

(I'll post something witty and clever about how crazy wal-mart was on a later date.)

-Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home