Friday, August 8, 2008

Can you stand it?

This is a post from one of my favorite blogs...Stuff Christians Like (a spin-off of the ever popular Stuff White People Like blog). The first one. Well, both actually are worth reading. I couldn't help but think about every Christian station I have ever heard do a morning show. Most definitely worth looking into if you have a few minutes.

#46. Super, happy shiny Christian radio.
Boy of boy, I get cavities when I listen to Christian radio in the morning it's so sweet and sugary. Not that I'm asking for negativity, but for some reason, we want our morning radio to be like a big hug from a teddy bear. Who is riding a pink unicorn with his friend the fuzzy wuzzy caterpillar, while licking one of those giant frisbie-sized lollipops. I think that Christian radio is the audio equivalent of that poster that has the cat hanging on a rope with the line, "Hang in there." And it doesn't have to be. I think that Christianity is a lot more interesting than we make it out to be. I think it's real and honest and beautiful and ugly. But when in one of our most popular mediums we sugarcoat it, we give the world a really weird reflection of what it means to be Christian. And that's just not cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home