Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Irony and a little thing called Paranoia

NOTE: Names and places have been changed to protect my job and dignity.

Ok, so a funny thing happened on my way to work yesterday...

You know how my last post was entitled "...I hope I don't get caught!"? Well, I did. Sort of. A certain VP of the aforementioned place of employment (from hence-forth referred to as i-tek..........just keep reading) was lunching with a certain senior pastor of a bible church somewhere in Nacogdoches and the conversation took a turn toward typical job ranting. This said VP (lets call him John Edood) started talking about how he has google notifier, um, notify him every time that the company's name (remember, i-tek) is posted any where online.

Paranoid? You be the judge.

Well, as it turns out, my last little post included the name of this place of employment and it happened to set off all sorts of buzzing and flashing alarms over there in HQ (ed. Ok, so not really, but it makes it more exciting. Stick with me.) The message showed that someone was blogging about blogging at work and getting paid for it! What nerve! It had to have been one of those computer guys! Can you believe that? Whoever is doing all of that blogging on the clock should be punished!

Needless to say, Mr. Edood has no idea who's blog it was and honestly probably doesn't even care (I just ran into him and we exchanged warm greetings....muahahaha). So we'll just let this one slide by and hope that he hasn't subsribed to my RSS feed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home