Thursday, July 9, 2009

Update 7/9

The gallbladder surgery was a total success and confirmed that is was indeed the cause of much of her suffering. Dr. Gene Cagle (the surgeon who performed the laparoscopic cholycystectomy) couldn't believe that it was in as bad of shape as it really was for someone her age with no children or medical problems.

Today has been relatively uneventful. Maegan is still in quite a bit of pain both from the surgery as well as the blood clots in her leg. It is very difficult for her to move around as we have found out from the nurses coming in and trying! She is back on a liquid diet but is having to force herself to drink even a little bit of water.

The biggest obstacle she is facing is the pain. This is keeping her from getting out of bed and the discomfort is keeping her from eating. She knows that she needs food and movement in order to get better, but she is facing a lot of resistance from her own body.

Pray that she find the strength to overcome the pain as well as a hunger for sustenance to give her nutrients. We are getting so close!

Thank you all!
Philip & Maegan

2 Comments:

Blogger BACK 2 JOHNSON said...

oh i am really glad to hear all this...I know this is just tearing you up inside. Keep the faith and I will keep praying for the both of you. Much love to you both! Kim

July 11, 2009 at 5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, Philip,
I am Kyle Easley's mom. We had the pleasure of attending GBC church service yesterday morning. Loved the music ~ and the message (ok, maybe I'm a little biased when it comes to getting to hear Kyle preach!) Kyle has shared with us about your precious wife, Maegan. It sounds like you both have been through some really rough and scary times lately. My heart goes out to you, as I have had some health problems ~ that were difficult to diagnose. Kyle can fill you in on it if you are interested. The point I wanted to share with you and Maegan is that I would highly recommend a trip to the Mayo Clinic in Scotsdale, AZ. if you don't find answers soon. I wish I had known about it early on in my illness. They were wonderful and gave me such hope. They have a team of doctors there that work together (yes, they actually confer with each other regarding each patient!) There are some very knowledgeable and caring doctors there. They put me on track and gave me much hope. I will never be completely back to my original good health, but the difference in me and your wife is age! I am 57 years old. She is so very young ~ and I just pray that God leads her back to good health. If either of you have any questions or would just like to visit, my e-mail is ktemom@yahoo.com.
Please know that I am lifting you both up to the Lord everyday. May God's loving hands provide you with strength and comfort in the days ahead.
In Him,
Katie Easley (yes, there are 2 of us!)

July 20, 2009 at 10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home